Week Ending August 8, 2003
Religious Freedom Coalition
August 8, 2003 4:33PM EST
LEGISLATIVE UPDATE - WEEK ENDING AUGUST 8, 2003
LEGISLATIVE UPDATE - WEEK ENDING AUGUST 8, 2003
CONGRESS IN RECESS
THE HOMOSEXUAL BISHOP
1. Robinson is charged with failing to rule his home and abandoning his children: "A bishop then must be . . . One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)" (I Timothy 3:1, 5).
2. He is charged with adultery for having sex with his wife and another person: "Thou shalt not commit adultery" (Exodus 20:14).
3. The Episcopal leader is charged with sodomy, which is an abomination to God, "And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel" (1 Kings 14:24).
4. The new bishop is charged with wrecking church member's faith and causing some to leave the church: "Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 23:1).
5. Robinson is charged with abandoning his wife, disqualifying him from the office of a bishop: "A bishop then must be . . . the husband of one wife" (I Timothy 3:2).
6. He is charged with not having a good reputation among those outside the church: "Moreover he (a bishop) must have a good report of them which are without" (1 Tim. 3:2-7)
7. Robinson stands charged with being self-willed, putting his own advancement ahead of the welfare of the church: "For a bishop must be blameless, not selfwilled" (Titus 1:7).
8. The bishop is charged with abandoning the word of God, the Bible, to teach the ideas of men: "For a bishop (must be one who is) Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers" (Titus 1:7, 9)
9. He is charged with defiling the holy house of God: "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog (male prostitute), into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God" (Deut. 23:17-18).
10.Robinson is charged with sexually abusing himself with a man, a crime which bars people from heaven: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: "Neither . . . effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind . . . shall inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10).
Robinson has been given considerable time to renounce his crimes against God, repent and turn to Jesus Christ for mercy. But it remains, "appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27). On that day, neither public opinion nor the opinions of the Episcopal bishops will be of any consequence.
(The above was authored by my good friend Dr. Moody Adams. It is reprinted as this week's update because I believe it exposes the true Biblical issue behind the division in the church being caused by the acceptance of homosexual behavior in our society. To e-mail comments to Dr. Adams click here. The conservative members of the Anglican Church maintain an Internet site and their comments on a "gay" bishop may be found here.
HOUSE AND SENATE
As the House and Senate are in recess there is no legislative update news this week. The House and Senate return to session on September 3rd and we will return to our normal reporting on social conservative legislation. Has this Update been forwarded to you? Interested in the Religious Freedom Coalition? To read previous legislative updates please click here. To have weekly updates e-mailed to you please click here.
Our online store now carries men's Christian and patriotic ties as well as men's inspirational socks. (Our men's tie prices include shipping!) We also now carry women's patriotic scarves. A number of videos produced by the RFC are also available. Visit our online conservative Internet store. The new August issue of the William J. Murray Report is online - Read it here!
Check our Internet site at www.rfcnet.org for last minute updates! Please feel free to forward this weekly update to friends. We are now at over 60,000 subscribers .... Get the word out and help us hit the 100,000 mark by the end of the year! See below for subscribe/unsubscribe instructions. God richly bless you, that is my prayer.
William J. Murray, Chairman - Religious Freedom Coalition
Your gift to the RFC helps us with our advocacy work in Washington, DC.Check out our new support page.
Please address all comments and questions to email@example.com. Visit our online bookstore!TO SUBSCRIBE / UNSUBSCRIBE CLICK HERE
|Religious Freedom Coalition|
P.O. Box 77511
Washington, DC 20013
General Correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Events: email@example.com
|DC Advocacy Office: (202) 543-0300|
Administration: (202) 742-8990