Chairman's Report for February 21, 2007
The Chairman's Action Report - February 21, 2007 February 21, 2007 NANCY PELOSI LETTERS
The Chairman's Action Report - February 21, 2007
February 21, 2007
NANCY PELOSI LETTERS
In early January we printed thousands of letters addressed to Speaker Nancy Pelosi, along with envelopes addressed to her. These were mailed to Religious Freedom Coalition supporters asking them to sign and mail the letters directly to her. There were several different "batches" of these letters mailed and one of the batches had a printing error on the envelopes that caused letters to be returned to the signers. Despite this error Speaker Pelosi’s office received thousands of the letters demanding that she allow a vote on the Pledge Protection Act.
Once we learned of the printing error, we were able to figure out which people received the bad batch of envelopes and we reprinted these and mailed them out again. The result is thousands more of the letters being signed and mailed to Speaker Pelosi’s office.
In addition we produced a second letter for Pledge Protection Act supporters to sign, and I will hand deliver these to Speaker Pelosi. These letters supporting the Pledge are now arriving at our office by the thousands along with petitions to congressmen asking that they co-sponsor the legislation to protect "under God" in the Pledge to our flag. I will make the first hand delivery of these letters to Speaker Pelosi’s office next week.
Congressman Todd Akin’s Pledge Protection Act for the 110th Congress has a new bill number: H.R.- 699. Remember that the PPA passed the House in the 108th and 109th Congresses by a wide margin with a large number of Democrats joining Republicans in voting for it. Unfortunately, both times the PPA failed to receive a vote in the Senate. This is a critical year for the Pledge of Allegiance, as the lawsuit by atheist Michael Newdow to remove "under God" from it progresses through the courts.
OTHER ACTION IN THE HOUSE
NANCY PELOSI PAYS BACK GEORGE SOROS- Let's get honest: a handful of billionaires keep the Democrat Party funded. The leader of the pack is George Soros, who uses various 527 groups, non- profit organizations and blind trusts to fund far left- wingers like Nancy Pelosi. His payback is radical Joseph Onek being added to Nancy Pelosi's staff as Senior Counsel. Onek was most recently the Senior Policy Analyst for the Open Society Institute, which is atheist George Soros' main tool to destroy the Judeo- Christian heritage of the United States. The group supports euthanasia, abortion, legalization of drugs such as marijuana, opening the U.S. borders to anyone who wants to come in, and of course a pro- homosexual agenda for the public schools. Onek would be Pelosi's right hand should she become President through some disaster - think about it!
PRAYER FOR DEMOCRATS TO BECOME MUSLIMS - During their annual retreat the Democrats invited a Muslim cleric to pray for them, and he did. He prayed for their conversion to Islam and for the destruction of Israel. While the prayer was veiled in such a way that the Democrats had no real idea of what he was saying, Islamic scholars did indeed understand and reported on it. Speaker Nancy Pelosi is so enthralled with "diversity" that she paid little or no attention to the significance of the prayer said by the Imam she invited.
NANCY'S JET- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi demanded the military supply to her for her personal transportation the same type of jet used by Vice President Cheney. The jet she requested includes 45 business class seats for her "supporters" and a separate sleeping area for herself. The former Republican Speaker, Dennis Hastert, used a ten seat jet, and former Republican Speaker Newt Gingrich used commercial flights. While congressional Republicans were outraged at the expense -- $110,000 one way to take Speaker Pelosi home to San Francisco each week -- the White House announced its support of this bloated expenditure. The plane will also be used to shuttle Pelosi around the nation to help raise funds for Democrats seeking to oust Republicans from office.
CHILD INTERSTATE ABORTION NOTIFICATION- Congresswoman Ileana Ros- Lehtinen (R-FL) has reintroduced the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act (CIANA). The bill would make it a Federal crime to transport a minor across state lines for an abortion, with the purpose of evading parental consent or parental notification laws in the minor's home state. Over thirty states currently have notification or consent laws, yet some abortion clinics in neighboring states will blatantly advertise that parental consent is not needed if kids come to their states for abortions. The CIANA bill number is HR 1063 and already has 105 co-sponsors in the House.
ADOPTION TAX CREDIT- With Democrats in control, the $10,000 Adoption Tax Credit is in danger. Congressman Joe Wilson (R-SC) has introduced the Adoption Tax Relief Guarantee Act of 2007 that would provide a tax credit of up to the full $10,000 for qualified adoption expenses. Without the passage of his bill the current exemption will expire in 2010. More adoptions mean more kids with a chance in life and fewer abortions; Congressman Wilson's bill deserves passage.
SENATOR BROWNBACK- The first presidential primaries are less than a year away and everyone who wants to be president is out there running for office, including Senators Hillary Clinton and John McCain. The media has not reported very much on the campaign for president by Senator Sam Brownback, who is perhaps the most decent human being I have ever meet. The fact that he is such a nice man may hinder his campaign. His run for office has not stopped him from going full steam ahead with social conservative projects in the Senate:
UNBORN VICTIMS OF PAIN- Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) reintroduced the Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act this week. The bill would require those who perform abortions on unborn children more than twenty weeks of age to inform the mother seeking an abortion of medical evidence that the unborn child feels pain. "It is a scientific, medical fact that unborn children feel pain," said Brownback. "We know that unborn children can experience pain based upon anatomical, functional, physiological and behavioral indicators that are correlated with pain in children and adults. Mothers seeking an abortion have the right to know that their unborn children can feel pain." The Senator has announced that he is seeking the Presidency and has a strong constituency among social conservatives.
PUBLIC EXPRESSION OF RELIGION- For many years Congressman John Hostettler worked to pass the Public Expression of Religion Act; however, he was defeated last November and no longer serves in the House. Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) has picked up the torch to stop the ACLU from using taxpayer money to silence public expression of religion. His bill would cut the purse strings of the ACLU by not allowing them to seek attorneys' fees from towns, counties and school districts while bringing lawsuits against elected officials and school personnel who dare to express their religious faith in even small ways. This is critical legislation to protect the rights of Christians in government.
VIDEO GAME RATINGS- U.S. Senator Sam Brownback reintroduced the Truth in Video Game Rating Act which would require a video game rating organization to review the entire playable content of a game before assigning a content rating. Brownback said, "The current video game ratings system is not as accurate as it could be because reviewers do not see the full content of games and do not even play the games they rate." As a result parents unwittingly buy their children games that are far more violent and sexually explicit than the parents realize.
WILLIAM WILBERFORCE RESOLUTION- U.S. Senators Sam Brownback (R-KS) and Mark Pryor (D-AR) introduced a resolution commemorating the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the British slave trade and honoring the life of William Wilberforce, an evangelical Christian who was instrumental in abolishing the British slave trade.
"Wilberforce’s passion and commitment to end the British slave trade and renew the culture solidified the inherency of human dignity and sanctity of human life," said Brownback. "As the 200th anniversary of British slave trade abolition approaches we should celebrate Wilberforce’s victories and use his legacy as an inspiration to renew our culture by continuing to fight for human life and human dignity."
Also in February the movie Amazing Grace, which portrays Wilberforce’s Christian conversion and fight against slavery, began to showing in theaters.
MORE ON THE PRESIDENTIAL RACE
ANTI-CHRISTIAN CANDIDATE- Senator John Edwards has so disgraced himself by having vile anti-Christians on his campaign staff, that he has no chance at all of even winning a primary. The employment in his campaign of Melissa McEwan and Amanda Marcotte totally discredited him. The Catholic League informed former Senator Edwards of the obscene anti-Christian comments and postings of the two women, and he refused to take action against them.
Even after he knew about their Internet sites depicting the Virgin Mary as a slut, he refused to fire them until Fox’s Bill O’Reilly featured the story on his broadcast. Even after they departed his campaign he refused to distance himself from their anti-Christian comments on their Internet sites. Campaigns are about judgment, and Edwards’ actions in hiring and defending these anti-Christian bigots has told the nation exactly where he stands. Catholics in particular will now dog his campaign and make sure it goes nowhere.
GEORGE SOROS -Billionaire George Soros is perhaps one of the most dangerous men in the world. He and Hugo Chavez rate right up there together with Iranian "president" Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, among those with a desire to destroy Western civilization. I mentioned him earlier in this letter, concerning his former employee going to work for Nancy Pelosi. Soros is also a huge backer of Senator Barack Hussein Obama for President.
Barack Hussein Obama, who received his early education in an Islamic madrassa, is also the pick of the liberal media. He now claims to be a Christian, but it is odd that no fatwa has been issued against his life by an Imam, because under Islamic law a convert to Christianity must die. While Obama has no chance of receiving the Democrat nomination, Soros and the liberal media are betting that they can drum up enough support and money to force front runner Hillary Clinton to accept him as her running mate for Vice President. I can’t even think of a more dangerous combination than Clinton/Obama.
RELIGIOUS FREEDOM COALITION IN ACTION
NATIONAL BLACK PRO-LIFE UNION- In February I had the honor to attend a luncheon in the Mansfield Room of the Capitol Building in support of the National Black Pro Life Union. The luncheon was made possible in this prestigious location by Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) who was also one of the speakers at the event. The event was organized by Day Gardner who is the national director of Black Americans for Life.
Pro-life Democratic Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska spoke about his days as a youth pastor and his pro-life convictions that led him to support President Bush in passing the Partial Birth Abortion Ban. Senator Nelson is one of the few truly pro-life Democrats remaining in Congress. In Washington DC, which is predominantly black, there are more abortions each year than live births. Nationally more than one-third of pregnancies among blacks end in abortion each year, and the black birth rate has fallen below the white birth rate.
CONGRESSMAN BILL SALI- I also participated in several events with different congressmen this week, including a small luncheon meeting with Congressman Bill Sali (R-ID). Congressman Sali is one of several social conservatives who won election to Congress for the first time last year. The media would have you believe that no new conservatives were elected to Congress, but that is far from true. Congressman Sali is a strong Christian believer and 100% pro-life. During the luncheon he promised those present including myself that he would continue to fight for a pro-life, pro-family agenda.
I am chairman of both the Religious Freedom Coalition and Government Is Not God - PAC (GING-PAC). My work with GING-PAC allows me to help elect many godly men to office such as Bill Sali. I thank God several men and women such as he joined Congress in the 110th!
We have a really nice Christian store on the Internet at www.rfcstore.com. The store has thousands of Christian items including Bibles, books, CD’s, DVD’s and even jewelry. Nothing at our store is as cheap as you can find it at Amazon.com. I am sure that you can buy any Bible we offer for anywhere from 10% to 30% less at Amazon. However, Amazon also sells pornography and our store does not. Please think about that the next time you are looking for Christian books or music.
Thank you for your continued support of the Religious Freedom Coalition. It would not be possible to operate an office just a few blocks from the Capitol Building without your financial help.
William J. Murray, Chairman
Religious Freedom Coalition, 717 2nd Street NE #300 , Washington, DC 20002 * (202) 742.8990 * www.rfcnet.org
- Week Ending February 7, 2003
- Week Ending February 14, 2003
- Week Ending February 21, 2003
- Week Ending February 28, 2003
- Weekend Ending February 6, 2004
- Week Ending February 13, 2004
- Week Ending February 27, 2004
- Chairman's Reports - May 26th and June 16th
- Chairman's Report for July 28, 2004
- Chairman's Report for July 9, 2004
- Special Report From Brussels
- Special Report From The Republican Convention
- Chairman's Report for September 8, 2004 Available
- Chairman's Report for August 17, 2004 Available
- Report from the United Nations
- Chairman's Report for October 20, 2004
- Chairman's Report for November 10, 2004
- Chairman's Report for December 16, 2004
- Chairman's Report For January 12, 2005
- Week Ending February 4, 2005
- Week Ending February 11, 2005
- Week Ending February 18, 2005
- RFC Chairman's CPAC Remarks
- Chairman's Report for February 23, 2005
- Week Ending February 25, 2005
- Chairman's Report for March 16, 2005
- Special West Bank Report
- Chairman's Report For April 27, 2005
- Chairman's Report for June 29, 2005
- Chairman's Report for June 10, 2005
- Chairman's Report for July 20, 2005
- Chairman's Report For August 10, 2005
- Chairman's Report for September 21, 2005
- Chairman's Report for October 14, 2005
- Chairman's Report for November 23, 2005
- Chairman's Report for December 17, 2005
- Chairman's Report For January 25, 2006
- Week Ending February 3, 2006
- Week Ending February 10, 2006
- Week Ending February 17, 2006 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for February 16, 2006
- Chairman's Report for January 4, 2006
- Week Ending February 24, 2006 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for March 9, 2006
- Chairman's Report for May 10, 2006
- Chairman's Report for June 1, 2006
- Chairman's Report for June 23, 2006
- Chairman's Report for August 3, 2006
- Chairman's Report for July 12, 2006
- Chairman's Report for September 14, 2006
- Chairman's Report for October 3, 2006
- Chairman's Report for November 8, 2006
- Chairman's Report for November 28, 2006
- Chairman's Report for December 18, 2006
- Week Ending January 12, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending January 19, 2007
- Week Ending January 26, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending February 2, 2007
- Week Ending February 9, 2007
- Week Ending February, 16, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending February 23, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for January 10, 2007
- Chairman's Report for January 31, 2007
- Week Ending March 2, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending March 9, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for March 13, 2007
- Week Ending March 16, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending March 23, 2007- Washington, DC
- Week Ending March 30, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending April 6, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending April 13, 2007
- Week Ending April 20, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending April 27, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending May 18, 2007
- Week Ending May 11, 2007
- Week Ending May 4, 2007
- Chairman's Report for April 4, 2007
- Week Ending May 25, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending June 1, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending June 8, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending June 15, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending June 22, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending June 29, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending July 6, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending July 13, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending July 27, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending August 3, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending August 10, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending August 17, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending August 24, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending August 31, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending September 7, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending September 14, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending September 21, 2007 - Washington, DC
- September 28, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending October 5, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending October 12, 2007
- Week Ending October 19, 2007 - Amman, Jordan
- Week Ending October 26, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending November 2, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending October 9, 2007
- Week Ending November 16, 2007
- Thanksgiving, 2007
- Week Ending November 30, 2007
- Week Ending December 7, 2007
- Week Ending December 14, 2007
- Week Ending December 21, 2007
- Christmas Week 2007
- Week Ending January 18, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending February 1, 2008 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending February 8, 2008 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending February 15, 2008 - Washington, DC
- Week Ending February 22, 2008
- Chairman's Report for January 4, 2008
- Chairman's Report for January 25, 2008
- Chairman's Report for February 13, 2008
- Week Ending February 29, 2008 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for March 5, 2008 Edition
- Chairman's Report for March 29, 2008
- February 6, 2009 - Washington, DC
- February 13, 2009 - Washington, DC
- February 20, 2009 - Washington, DC
- February 27, 2009 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for July 15, 2009
- Chairman's Report for June 25, 2009
- Chairman's Report for June 3, 2009
- Chairman's Report for May 14, 2009
- Chairman's Report for April 23, 2009
- Chairman's Report for April 2, 2009
- Chairman's Report for March 11, 2009
- Chairman's Report for February 12, 2009
- Chairman's Report for January 23, 2009
- Chairman's Report for January 1, 2009
- Chairman's Report for August 5, 2009
- Chairman's Report for August 26, 2009
- Chairman's Report for September 18, 2009
- Chairman's Report for October 8, 2009
- Chairman's Report for October 30, 2009
- Chairman's Report for November 18, 2009
- Chairman's Report for December 9, 2009
- Chairman's Report for December 31, 2009
- Chairman's Report for January 21, 2010
- February 5, 2010 - Washington, DC
- February 12, 2010 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for February 10, 2010
- February 19, 2010 - Washington, DC
- February 26, 2010 - Washington, DC
- Chairman's Report for March 3, 2010
- Chairman's Report for March 25, 2010
- Chairman's Report for May 5, 2010
- Chairman's Report for April 14, 2010
- Chairman's Report for May 27, 2010
- Chairman's Report for June 23, 2010
- Chairman's Report for July 9, 2010
|Religious Freedom Coalition|
P.O. Box 77511
Washington, DC 20013
General Correspondence: email@example.com
Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
|DC Advocacy Office: (202) 543-0300|
Administration: (202) 742-8990